Have any left-over pumpkin from Halloween? This recipe is pumpkin pie delicious in cookie form with a sweet cream cheesy icing filling.
3 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup icing sugar
1. Mix together butter and brown sugar until smooth.
2. Add pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and egg. Beat until mixture is combined.
3. In a separate dish, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
4. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed.
5. Spoon onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and back at 375 until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes
6. Beat cream cheese, cream and icing sugar until well mixed. Spoon onto flat part of cookie and top with another cookie.