This easy Roasted Butternut Squash recipe is perfect for a rainy Fall day. With last weekends torrential downpour, I chose a recipe featuring in season kale and nuts, bringing out the Butternutty flavour of this winter squash.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsely, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp parmesean cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F and lightly grease a casserole dish. Place squash cubes in casserole dish with 1/2 tbsp olive oil, garlic, parsley and sea salt. Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes or until squash is tender.
2. Meanwhile, mix walnuts, pecans, parmesean cheese, and remaining olive oil in a bowl. When the squash is baked and fork tender, add chopped kale and nut mix into the casserole dish with the squash. Bake for another 5 minutes to toast the nuts.
3. Serve on its own, on rice or as a side.